Thursday, 26 July 2007

wikis and zoho writer.....


Wikis...as Subject guides....this blog was created using zoho writer a web based wordprocessing programme.

I had a very interesting time looking at the wiki pages we were directed to. I thought that we could use the wiki for subject guides as a very useful tool for UCOL library. Have a look at the examples in week 8 Here is a wiki I have in my online travels Web 2.0 in 15 minutes a day

We have had in the past, been keen on doing subject guide for our users. The examples I noted included popular books, magazines and resources from the library holdings as well as links to useful websites e journals and databases etc.

I think we should investigate this further for very useful possbilities, utilising the free resources of wiki creators. What do you think?

I had a play with Zoho writer, and was impressed in the availability of your documents created and saved so that they are retrievable from any computer as the documents are saved in cyberspace (freaky). I posted this blog entry from Zoho writer post options. The help function was great, it gave me simple and clear instruction on how to add a hyper link to my document eg week 8 has a hyperlink embedded into it. The help box could be moved so that I could follow the insturctions while doing the task. I found the blogger help screen not so helpful when trying to ue some of the features.

No comments: